So here is what you all have been waiting for, my harmonica midterm!

So coming into this midterm it was a bit more difficult than I had acknowledged so I only learned 2 riffs for this midterm, so I will try and learn 3 new ones by the final if able. Finally, I also played the harmonica part of Piano Man by Billy Joel. It is not as long as expected because this song uses the same harmonic verse through the repetition of the chorus. So for the sake of preforming I only played it once rather than waiting minutes for the verse to pass then replaying the same part when the chorus returns. For reference on where the harmonica portion belongs in the song, click this link for the full song by Billy Joel.

Lastly, when I went through editing this video I included the exact notes I was playing in the video similar to that of the YouTube tutorials I posted in previous blog posts. So when reading it, if you see “6” it means BLOW on hole 6. When reading “-6” it means DRAW (or suck) on hole 6. So the hyphen symbol represents draw, and no hyphen is blow. Finally, I used commas to space out the separate keys. So in the first riff you are going to see “-123”, which means I DRAWED on all three of those key holes at the same time.

I accomplished everything I said I would on my Musical Growth Plan contract so I hope it is okay!

Riley