For my last blog of the musical growth plan I am going to discuss the final 2 riffs I have chosen to learn.

This video attached right here is the YouTube video I found to help guide me on my quest to achieving the goals I set for myself on this musical growth plan. This specific riffs or harp tabs as the harmonica community sometimes refers to them as, are again easy but very cool sounding. Once learning them, it will allow me to progress in playing the harmonica in general, but also get me one step closer to stringing them all together in hopes of maybe one day free styling on my harmonica. I still enjoy learning these riffs because I am still a beginner when it comes to playing the harmonica, and these are perfect little sound clips that allow me to perfect my breath control, and locating the notes via sound alone.

As my musical growth plan nears an end with my next blog being my final one with my cumulative video of my progress, it has been really fun. I would recommend to anyone to try and learn the harmonica as it is a super unique instrument and really easy to pick up. However, the only downside of the harmonica is that it has almost completely fazed out of the music community. Not really any new songs that are being released incorporate the sounds of the harmonica so unless you are interested in composing your own music with this instrument, then you are going to have to be satisfied with the oldies.

The last thing I would like to say before my final video post is that with the recent changes we have been experiencing in class due to the outbreak of COVID-19, I hope everything I play in the video is up to par. Just with the changes of everything going on, it has been a little crazy trying to learn an instrument and get all this homework done. But besides that I feel pretty proud with my progress and hope you like it!

Riley